Adult skills programmes
The LEAP designed a range of ESF skills programmes, including demand led sector specific skills provision. Interventions focused on sectors with opportunities for sustained employment and included employer engagement wherever possible to support the achievement of job outcomes.
There is also a strong focus on in-work progression and poverty within the programme. The LEAP has consistently championed the London Living Wage and will continue to do so with a range of ESF programmes looking to lift people out of poverty.
Skills support is commissioned by the GLA and focuses on five areas:
- promoting collaborative activities between startups to improve higher level digital skills training
- enabling unemployed adults to attain pre-entry and entry Level 1 ESOL and Level 1 an 2 digital skills qualifications
- supporting ESOL teachers to progress in their ESOL teaching careers
- moving people in low paid work into higher-level skilled training through level 4+ training
- supporting adults in low paid work to achieve qualifications in English and Maths.
You can find more details here.
The adult skills programmes commissioned by ESFA and London Councils have now concluded.