London Enterprise Adviser Programme
The London Enterprise Panel is delighted to be funding the London Enterprise Adviser programme. The pan-London network of high-calibre business volunteers will bring business and education together to help to solve the disconnect between employers and young people.
Despite ongoing high levels of youth unemployment, businesses across London struggle to fill their direct entry roles, citing a lack of soft skills and experience. As the careers landscape continues to evolve it is essential that support is offered to the next generation, to help them prepare for the world of work ahead of them.
The London Enterprise Adviser programme, which is being delivered by Team London, works with teachers to develop and implement a careers education plan through matching them with volunteers from the world of work. The volunteers work as advisors to the school's senior management to develop a comprehensive strategy and plan for careers education which enables all students to engage in the many opportunities to build their understanding of, and skills for, the world of work.
Benefits of becoming an Enterprise Adviser
The London Enterprise Adviser programme offers you the chance to make a real difference in your local community. Through your involvement as an Enterprise Adviser you will have the opportunity to:
- Support the delivery of a new high profile nation-wide careers programme, championed by the LEP, the Cabinet Office, and Senior Government figures;
- Inspire London’s youth, helping to safeguard the future workforce by educating and promoting a variety of routes into work;
- Give back to your community in an impactful and tangible way;
- Develop vital leadership skills and experience outside of you normal working environment;
- Join a network of dedicated and talented individuals, with the opportunity to attend meetings and events where you can share best practice;
- Improve communication skills through working with a wide range of stakeholders, from Schools Senior Management to the Enterprise Adviser community; and
- Attend training sessions, supporting future career progression through develop vital skills.
Become an Enterprise Adviser
We are looking for self-driven, passionate individuals who are committed to supporting London’s youth to join this new and exciting programme. The ideal candidates for this role will be:
- Passionate about tackling youth employment and have a sound knowledge of the local labour market, which they can translate into engaging material for teachers;
- Able to communicate and work with a wide range of stakeholders, from teachers to employers, and support the schools to develop a broad careers education programme;
- Well connected, with the knowledge and ability to connect schools and colleges to local resources and support that will ensure students have access to impartial careers advice;
- Inspirational, helping schools to develop practical and engaging careers education; and
- Available to support a school or college for at least one academic year. Committing a minimum of one day per month.
More information on the Enterprise Advisor Programme can be found on the Team London website.