London Growth Hub
What is the London Growth Hub?
The London Growth Hub is an online signposting tool helping connect London’s entrepreneurs, microbusiness and small and medium sized enterprises with the support that is available to help them start, sustain and grow. It brings together the capital’s vast business support offer into a single online resource which is supplemented by a programme of face-to-face business support.
The London Growth Hub portal includes:
- A diagnostic support search tool - including over 400 support business schemes;
- A business support events calendar - regularly updated to include a personally curated list of between 250-300 events at any time;
- Inspiring stories from businesses that have had support to start or grow their business;
- The London Open Workspaces Map - an interactive map listing over 500 workspaces across London;
- A wide range of resources, such as business idea guides and a comprehensive range of factsheets;
- Online live chat and telephone advice; and
- A personalised user profile allowing you to compile your favourite business support content.
Through the London Growth Hub, LEAP is supporting a range of face-to-face business support pilots, including the Start, Scale Grow programme and an upcoming Property Advice Service.
Who funds and manages the London Growth Hub?
The London Growth Hub is managed by LEAP and supported by the Mayor of London and Government’s Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS). We have a consortium of partners that deliver elements of the programme and we continue to pursue a range of partnerships to ensure the Growth Hub reflects London’s diverse business support landscape.
The London Growth Hub is part of an England-wide network of 38 Hubs, one for each Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) area. The aim of the program is to join up national and local business support to make it easier for businesses to find the help they need.
Visit the London Growth Hub.
What else is LEAP doing to support London’s businesses?
There are a range of strategic and funding initiatives led by LEAP that support London’s businesses. These include:
- Overseeing £160m of investment to support businesses, encourage innovation and support and deliver regeneration through London’s European Regional Development Fund. This includes London & Partners’ Business Growth Programme, the Mayor’s International Business Programme and the British Library’s Innovating for Growth Programme.
- Investing £25m in a co-investment fund to leverage equity funding into early stage growth firms as they emerge from private accelerators, incubators and support programmes.
- Funding the Mayor’s Crowdfund London initiative, providing match-funding for a whole range of civic improvement projects;
- Supporting businesses to access the skills they need through LEAP’s employer-led investments in London’s Further Education sector;
- Helping London’s SMEs to become ‘greener’ through our investments in the Mayor’s Small Business Energy Efficiency Fund and grant funding businesses to introduce Low Emission Neighbourhoods in their street or area.