Skills for Londoners Capital Fund - Apply
Over £110m of LEAP funding is available for investment into estate and equipment for London's skills providers over the next four years. This aim of this fund is to:
- respond to current and future skills requirements of employers and learners, improve quality of provision and learner satisfaction, progression and success rates
- support increased levels of apprenticeship delivery and/or progression to the highest levels of vocational and technical study
- establish strong and innovative partnership with employers and local stakeholders
Am I eligible?
To apply for this fund you must be:
- an FE college or approved training organisation that is on the Register of Approved Training Providers and/or Register of Apprenticeship Training Providers
- in receipt of funding from the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) to deliver education or training in 2017/18 and/ or expects to hold a contract in future years
What type of projects will be funded?
We want to see projects that show innovation in:
- partnerships with employers and local stakeholders in the design and delivery of provision
- approaches to delivery which deliver social, economic and environmental benefits
- place making and high quality design, strengthening links with local communities
Read our case studies to learn more about best practice and the types of project's we're interested in funding.
How much can I apply for?
Approximately £40m is available in this first round.
You can apply for:
- up to £200,000 per project for small projects and equipment purchases - the application process will begin in June 2017
- £200,000 or more for large projects- the application process will begin in June 2017
- £1.5m will be available to support the development costs of large projects - the application process will begin in Autumn 2017
Funding isn't available for construction skills related projects. For further information about funding to support construction skills projects see this page on london.gov.uk.
What happens next?
This fund is now open for Expressions of Interest (EOIs).
- the deadline for EOIs is 12th June.
- the deadline for applications is September 2017 onwards
- the announcement of successful projects is November 2017 onwards
The Prospectus, FAQs and Expression of Interest form are available to download in the box.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.